HomeWhat is Haiku? SpringSummerAutumnWinter News & Events Contact
One edge
hanging over the mountain--
the Milky Way

---Shiki
____________________________

.
sun shower

I prepare for a dear friend's
posthumous book launch

the night sky
tonight
one more star

river of stars -
I wave both hello & goodbye
to one blinking


.

My lovely friend Mary Palmer died of cancer last Summer.

I saw her two weeks before she died and we worked on her haiku selection in a book due to be launched this evening at Waterstone's, Bath Branch, U.K.

Mary Palmer: http://www.awenpublications.co.uk/mary_palmer.html

.

6 comments:

Paul Smith said...

Very beautiful and moving Alan.

Rachel Green said...

Beautiful tribute.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Kelly M. said...

beautiful tribute for your friend.

John McDonald said...

may I echo - beautiful tribute
john

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Area 17 said...

Thank you for your comments.

I didn't read any of my own haiku as it was a delight and honour to read some of Mary's haiku that appeared in her book.

I will miss her dreadfully, she really did light up any poetry event.

Alan